enjoy every moment of your wedding KNOWING THAT EVERYTHING IS TAKEN CARE OF
About Hotel Galvez
Hotel Galvez & Spa
2024 Seawall Blvd.
Galveston, Texas 77550
Hotel Galvez, called “The Queen of the Gulf,” is the only historic beach front hotel on Texas’ Gulf Coast. Built in 1911 to help revitalize Galveston’s economy after the 1900 storm, the Galvez has become a Galveston icon. Hotel Galvez offers a winning combination of a stunning beachfront locale with the romantic ambience of its historic property. With its lush gardens, fabulous Gulf backdrop and classic architecture, we have so many places to take great wedding photos for you. Just under an hour’s drive from Houston, this luxurious amenity-filled hotel is the perfect choice for your wedding.
Hotel Gavlez Wedding Venue Spaces
Hotel rooms are almost better spaces to get ready on your wedding day than a traditional venues bridal suite. There’s more space, you’re more comfortable, and the light is better. You can treat yourself and your wedding party to hair and makeup at the hotel’s luxurious full-service salon and spa. Or bring in your own make-up artist to meet you in your room.
Hotel Galvez has the ideal space for your event, whether you are planning a grand ballroom affair or a more intimate elopement for friends and family. The hotel’s varied ceremony and reception venues are able to accommodate events from 60 to 300 guests.
Couples have their choice of three beautiful outdoor venues:
- Hold a lovely outdoor ceremony in the 2,700 square foot Oleander Garden with its lush greenery and trickling waterfall and seating for up to 250 guests.
- Say your “I Do’s” surrounded by majestic palm trees in the Center Lawn. The scenic locale accommodates up to 300 guests.
- The over 9,000 square foot Centennial Green seats up to 300 guests and features a charming pergola and dramatic views of the Gulf.
The Hotel Galvez’ historic architecture and classic décor are an elegant setting for your event:
- The magnificent Terrace Ballroom and Veranda can seat up to 250 guests for your ceremony and reception. The adjacent Veranda features floor-to-ceiling windows for an unobstructed view of the Gulf and wonderful natural light.
- The classic décor of the Music Hall features exquisite high ceilings, grand arches and chandeliers, a gorgeous location for your ceremony and reception. The room includes access to a patio overlooking the Gulf. The venue seats up to 300 guests seated, or up to 500 for a standing reception.
- For more intimate gatherings of up to 60 guests, the hotel’s East Parlor and West Parlor are elegant settings filled with natural light.
Distinctive Cuisine and Top Notch Service
Our couples always appreciate the helpful staff and the great flexibility given in planning Hotel Galvez weddings. The hotel will accommodate either an afternoon or an evening event.
Plan a custom lunch or dinner menu. With a complimentary tasting, you can choose from a truly expansive and quite elegant wedding catering menu. There are options for your vegan and vegetarian guests as well. So many fun and unique possibilities–who wouldn’t love a Flambeed Donut Hole Dessert Station, a PopTart Bar or some late night sliders. Make it your own!
Your event includes complementary linens, centerpieces of 12×12 mirror tiles and votive candles, a dance floor, and cake and gift tables.
Luxurious Hotel Accommodations
Hotel Galvez is a great location if you plan on having a lot of out of town guests, because they can stay right on site.
Wedding couples can book a block of the 224 hotel rooms and six suites for special wedding rates. Your wedding guests will appreciate all the amenities available at this AAA 4-diamond hotel. Nice extras include a lobby bar, a pool with swim-up bar and a fitness center. An on-site casual seafood restaurant provides an all-day menu, bar bites and kids meals.
Real Hotel Galvez Weddings
Check out a few of the Hotel Galvez weddings we’ve photographed to help visualize your own wedding.